My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://karensopinion.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Quilting and Stitching

Tonight, at the quilt guild meeting, we offered tips to better quilting. I think the most important one I heard is that when I am sewing and the tip of the material just won't grab, I should start with a scrap of material first. Start sewing with the scrap and then guide the piece I am having trouble getting to grab.

Another way to get a piece to sew better is to use wax paper to sew with. One lady said that when she presses her quilt pieces, she runs her iron over a fabric softener sheet. It makes an iron glide better.

The leader of our guild had just returned from a quilt demonstration held in Knoxville, Tennessee. Ricky Timms gave demonstrations and she came back with lots of new ideas and things to show us.

0 comments: