My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://karensopinion.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, October 8, 2007

Turn That Down

I was always telling my kids to "Turn it down." Even when they were wearing headphones or using ear buds, I could hear their music. If I could hear it I wondered what it must be doing to their eardrums.

Money Magazine has tested some earphone gadgets and gave their rating as to which gave the best sound at a lower volume. The Zen Aurvana was voted number one. "Clear with good defintion of different instruments," says audiophile Michael Fremer. A slightly weaker bass makes them second best overall. For the price, they are the best of the bunch."
The article listed the volume needed as 57%. That is worth the $100 price tag. I think $100 is a lot to pay for ear buds but hey, I'm not an expert.

0 comments: