My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://karensopinion.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, March 22, 2007

EEEwww! Lima Beans!

I have been surprised by something. I LIKE lima beans. When I was little, I would gag on lima beans. I just couldn't get them to go down my throat. I can still feel the gag reflux I would have. My husband was cooking one evening and fixed lima beans. I didn't tell him of my aversion to the little green pods. I really appreciated the fact that he cooked and so I never said a word. I happened to be very hungry that evening and so I took a bite of the lima beans. They were GOOD! I guess my tastes have changed. I wonder what else I should try. Will sardines be next??

12 comments:

Jennifer said...

I don't think I'll ever relent on lima beans... or brussel sprouts. Both are firmly and forever on the "never eating that" list.

Anonymous said...

Off-topic.

Do you know that "lima" means "five" in Malay?

Unknown said...

I love Lima Beans and Brussel Sprouts too, though I think the baby ones frozen are better than the canned Lima Beans. A little butter with a tiny squeeze of lemon, a dash of salt and pepper...

Beets is another veggie that some here love and some here hate. My husband is strange in that he will eat sliced beets if they are cold but not if they are heated up.

:-)

Amy said...

There are a lot of foods that I swore I hated until recently. Lima beans were on that list for me, too!

Anonymous said...

I can't see myself liking lima beans anytime soon.

Anonymous said...

Lima beans are one of my favorites! I like the baby limas....mmmmmmmmmmm....green giant has a good one/freezer section...you steam them...mm, mmm, good

Clickin Mama J said...

I love lima beans. One of my favorite veggies!

Unknown said...

I like lima beans too!

Anonymous said...

I like the baby limas. I don't like Kale. Or turnip greens. But I'm always looking for new green food to eat.

Anonymous said...

My dad tells a story about how when he was a kid he would hide his lima beans in the cuffs of his pants. His mom discovered them on laundry day and he got into big trouble!

Anonymous said...

I pretty much still hate everything that I hated as a kid, so you're way ahead of me here!!

Anonymous said...

Beans and peas are about the only green foods I can and do eat. I like to cook a little bacon, brown some onions in the drippings and cook the lima beans with it. Yum!