My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://karensopinion.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, October 5, 2007

Uses for Baking Soda

I just read an article that gave some great tips for using baking soda. I keep a box in my refrigerator to help it smell fresh. I have heard of using baking soda to brush my teeth. I didn't know about all of these things...

A pinch of baking soda in a gallon of freshly-brewed iced tea takes out bad-tasting tannins and prevents cloudiness.

When you're soaking dried beans or cooking cabbage, add a dash to the water to make them more digestible.

To keep tomato soup from curdling, sprinkle some soda on the boiling tomatoes and skim off the white foam before adding milk or cream.

Two tablespoons added to boiling corn and cauliflower keeps the veggies crisp.


Go buy some baking soda!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh really! I guess it's another way to save money than to spend expensive stuff for our homes. It was amazing!