My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://karensopinion.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Pretty Yellow Spring Flower



Every year a certain person and I have a silent disagreement over the difference between daffodils and jonquils. I think I know the difference and will attempt to explain. Many etymologists refer to what the the American Daffodil Society calls the daffodil as the Narcissus. The yellow flower in the picture is a daffodil. The traditional daffodil has a golden yellow color all over. I always thought the white flower was a jonquil. Wipedia says they are the same. OMG! Could i be wrong??? shhhh don't tell her. By the way, daffodils are poisonous, and if eaten could result in death. I need to tell the dog that. He came to me yesterday with a bit of yellow in his mouth where he just pulled the flower off the stem and proceeded to eat it. Ai yi yi. He isn't even safe IN the house! He lifted his leg on my silk flowers. Anyone want a Shitzu?

0 comments: