My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://karensopinion.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Spock Someone!

Many of my blogger friends are making a big effort to use a different search engine. I have been listening to the discussion about how we get used to using something and when there are better options, we forget to use them. This is true in my case. I am resistant to change. When I finally try something, I could kick myself for not utilizing it before! So, with that being said, I am trying out a new people search engine.

I typed www.spock.com into my browser and oh my goodness, I am having so much fun! It is easy to use Spock and it is free! You can search for people by using a "tag" that gives information about the person or you can search using a name. As Spock gains members, it will be easier to find people.


I searched for one of my favorite singing artists. Diana Ross has been a favorite person of mine for many years. I gained new information about her by using Spock. I had no idea that she has two middle names. Her middle names are Ernestine Earle. Wow! The website had cool pictures of the old singing days as well as a more recent picture of Diana. She is so pretty.

Sometimes, when you go to a person's page, there are people listed because they are related in some way. In Diana Ross's case, Mary Wilson and Florence Ballard are listed. Of course, I had to check out both of their websites. On Florence Ballard's page, I saw where I could check where she is buried! This is my kind of people search! I love delving into personal stuff. From one persons site, I would find another person to check out. From that person's site, I would see another one! Needless to say, I did not get much else done today! It is a fun and informative site. It is in my favorites!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

This site really is fun and easy to use. I even used it to find some cool links to normal folks.