My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://karensopinion.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, May 7, 2007

Assessment of a Marketing Blog

Here is a blog that discusses social media and SEO. I agree with his assessment of consumers today already participating in social media. We aren't afraid to join communities like Blog Catalog and MyBlogLog. We want to see what other's find interesting on the net. We are led to great deals and even find things not to bother with by reading a marketing blog.

The assessment of disclosure is one I agree with but would add that, while being honest about what you are saying is something I strive to do, my readers know me. It is not necessary to disclose everything about what I am writing because my readers know where I am coming from. That goes for disclosing why I am writing a post and whether I am being paid to do so.

Community driven is right on the mark. I know for a fact that word of mouth can make or break a business, an idea or a theme.

The writer's idea of facilitation is correct and that is why marketers need to pay attention to the consumer.

2 comments:

CyberCelt said...

Good post. Here for Click and Comment Monday from CoolAdzine for Marketers. Just following do follow blogroll.

Matthew C. Keegan said...

Social media is the current wave, worth riding whether it is through a community such as MyBlogLog or through paid posting, such as PayPerPost.

IMO, each site adds value to the internet although differently.

Regards,
Matt Keegan
The Article Writer