My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://karensopinion.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Migraine Study

I have suffered with migraines for a long time. I had allergy testing done and found that I am slightly allergic to trees and grasses. I have been taking shots to build up my immune system and it seems to be working. I rarely get a headache and when I do they go away with a dose of ibuprofen.

TIME has an article that talks about three new studies about the links between migraines and other diseases and these studies give good examples of what they've learned before and about where researches might find new clues. The three studies-tying migraines to stroke, depression (having a constant migraine sure could lead to depression), and even suicide-may not seem like good news to the 28 million Americans who suffer from migraines, of whom about two-thirds are women. But the studies do highlight the very different ideas researchers have today about the mechanisms that underlie the condition.

0 comments: