My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://karensopinion.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, June 8, 2007

I'm Bored

Does it seem like the kids are going to school later and later into the summer months? One of our school corporations ended school for the summer last Thursday and one ended yesterday, June 7. I wouldn't think much about it but it seems to me that they start earlier each year too. August 18 sounds so early. I think kids should get to have fun and not worry about school. We always went back to school on September 3rd. We said that was our Mom's birthday present because September 3rd is her birthday.

You know that summer has arrived when the kids start saying I'm bored. You have them signed up for swimming lessons and things like basketball camp but they still need to be encouraged to find something to do. I found a fun site online where you can make avatar type dolls and such so I thought I would take a look and see if I could give my friends help with new things for their kids to do. At the Doll Palace they have a section where kids can get creative. Coloring Pages allow them to use existing pictures and fill them with any color selected from the palette. They can choose a color and click an area on the picture that they would like to "fill".

Another cool feature that the kids can have fun with is uploading their own drawing and sharing the URL with their friends so they can all try to color their picture!

Now this means you will have to share your computer if they don't have their own but it is so worth it to see their minds working to create cool pictures. Plus they aren't bugging you!

They can get ideas by looking at pictures and drawings that others have done. It is possible for them to save the picture and print it so you can put it on the refrigerator.

It is free to register to use the site so there is no expense!

I hope this helps with the cry of boredom and have a great summer!



0 comments: