My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://karensopinion.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, June 4, 2007

World Wide Tour Announced

Have you heard the news??? The Police are beginning a world wide tour! I wonder if this will be like the ones during my teen years! OMG those were wild ones. Loud music and Boones Farm wine! Not that I would know of course.

Mixing a bit of reggae and jazz with a lot of rock and roll, they had a sound of their own. Many bands have patterned their sounds after the music of The Police. I personally think that Air Supply tried to sound like The Police. Each member of the band is so talented in their own right. The songs are constructed from delicate messages from things in each members lives or a particular band member has written a song that has special meaning to him. The guitar has that distinct sound yet is notoverpowering. You receive more of a sense of eerie washes of guitar.When the guitar is featured you better hang on! The talent of Mr. Summers is alive! The keyboard sinuous keyboard lines,that weave all throughout the music are planned recipes of chords and notes that bring the music together. The solid, repetitive bass figures, and the signature Stewart Copeland drum sound, all topped by Sting's voice moving through a wide range of pitch and sentiment are what make this band a legend.

The Police have so many great songs and they are compiled on their latest police cd. I cannot wait to get it! I've heard that they have changed the old version of Walking In Your Footsteps. I can't imagine how it could be better! Their Ghost In The Machine Tour in New Mexico was amazing. Of course that was in 1982 so I'm sure things are changed just with all the new technology that is available.
Look at this line up for the new police cd.

The Police

Track Listings
Disc: 1
1. Fallout
2. Can't Stand Losing You
3. Next to You
4. Roxanne
5. Truth Hits Everybody
6. Hole in My Life
7. So Lonely
8. Message in a Bottle
9. Reggatta de Blanc
10. Bring on the Night
11. Walking on the Moon
12. Don't Stand So Close to Me
13. Driven to Tears
14. Canary in a Coalmine

Disc: 2
1. Do Do Do de da da Da
2. Voices Inside My Head
3. Invisible Sun
4. Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic
5. Spirits in the Material World
6. Demolition Man
7. Every Breath You Take
8. Synchronicity I
9. Wrapped Around Your Finger
10. Walking in Your Footsteps
11. Synchronicity II
12. King of Pain
13. Murder by Numbers
14. Tea in the Sahara

This is the first Police tour in 23 years! Wow! It is so hard to believe that it has been that long. I think, because their music fits so many generations of music lovers, they are going to be sold out at every concert. I would love to hear them sing "Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic". What a great song! Their music makes me smile as it takes me away to many memories of fun times.


0 comments: